ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY IN DELIVERING OUR COMMITMENT WE WILL:
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation and take a proactive approach to future requirements and obligations.
- Seek to conserve natural resources through the responsible use of energy, water and materials but also maintaining the quality of service expected by our guests.
- Monitor performance and aim for continued improvement by reducing re-using, and recycling in areas such as energy consumption, reduction of waste materials and water consumption.
- Work with suppliers who have compatible policies for managing their impact on the environment.
- Through our active environmental team, we will ensure that our efforts are continually reviewed, updated and communicated to all staff.
EXAMPLES OF EVERYDAY ACTIONS
Paper, cardboard, glass, plastic, cooking oil, toner cartridges fluorescent tubes.
Waste compacted to reduce the number of collections.
Saving energy by…
Monitoring gas and electricity consumption on weekly basis.
Use of low energy light bulbs.
Use of motion detectors.
Re-use towels on guest request.
Building management systems that control temperature throughout the building.
Water consumption by the ongoing installation of a new flush system in toilets.
Waste packaging by the purchase of bulk food items and cleaning materials.